Hungary's doctor shortage
The fact that newly graduated 1000 physicians faced 1200 doctors who left Hungary last year: a hundred of doctors a month leaving from Hungary to seek work elsewhere in the EU. The exodus assumed such proportions as if Hungary had no freshly graduated doctor. Real crisis in health care can occur, studies show.
16 February 2012
Conclusion of the professor's research, published in the Orvosi Hetilap (Medical Journal) that near-crisis situation and real crisis in health care is a rational fear in short term due to exodus.
Generally surgeon shortage is not considered but surgery would have already collapsed in Eastern Hungary, for example, if there were no immigrants surgeons. However, the willingness of foreign doctors to work in Hungary rapidly deteriorate. While 169 foreign medical doctor applied for naturalisation in 2006, but radically dropped as low as 35 of licensed docotrs in 2010.
- 1. CNN - Water polo is part of Hungary's DNA
- 2. Tímea Babos continued her breakthrough
- 3. Film friendly production - Shoot in Hungary
- 4. Hungary started to repay IMF loan of 2008
- 5. Crédit Agricole to quit Hungary
- 6. Diehl Group in Nyírbátor
- 7. The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman
- 8. Hungarians to drink Canada Dry?
Sign up for updates