Spanish interest in Malév?
The Spanish Iberia's low-cost sister compnay, Vueling, is waiting for the Board' decision to get into Malév.
27 January 2012
The Spanish airline company has succeeded in negotiating with the Ministry. Both agreement and business plan are prepared which is under examination by the Board of Vueling. However, reputable strategis investor would have interst into entering hungarian airline busiess unless Malév's operation stopped in prior to arrival of Spanish company. Otherwise, rivals would push the niche after Malev is out of business.
According to the business plan agreed with Spanish on the negotiations, start would be scheduled from the beginning of this summer.Although the company intends to introduce low-cost model, transfer service on Budapest basis would be also avilable as the company provides the same in Barcelona, for example.
If the agrement and business were realised, the Spanish low-cost company would expand to the market - under Malév transaction and flights, where rivals like WizzAir or leading European airlines like Lufthansa and Air France-KLM are significantly more interested.
- 1. CNN - Water polo is part of Hungary's DNA
- 2. Tímea Babos continued her breakthrough
- 3. Film friendly production - Shoot in Hungary
- 4. Hungary started to repay IMF loan of 2008
- 5. Crédit Agricole to quit Hungary
- 6. Diehl Group in Nyírbátor
- 7. The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman
- 8. Hungarians to drink Canada Dry?
Sign up for updates